The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts is not a nut free, gluten free, seafood free enviroment. When you are processing your order please write in your allergery on the checkout page. Also, please notify your Chef Instructor at the beginning of class when you arrive. Any questions or concerns please contact the Director of Recreational Cooking Classes.
Classes from series such as Techniques of Cooking I and II, Techniques of Baking I and II etc. Students will NOT receive a refund or credit toward another class. If the class or series is given as a gift it is the gift givers responsibility to inform the student taking the class to review the policies and procedures of the CSCA.
If your your gift certificate is lost or stolen The CSCA is not responsible for replacing them.
We are currently working on this issue and we hope to have this fixed soon. For the time being you can call the 617-354-2020 x 113 or email email@example.com please provide the gift certificate number. This is only for gift cards purchased before April 1, 2009. All other gift certicates will work in our new reservation system. Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
Any class that is sold out has the option to sign up for the waitlist. You can sign up for as many waitlisted classes as you want. The way it works is that if a student cancels from the class an email will be sent out to all guests on the list. The email will provide the link to register for the class. The link will bring you to the calendar and you will need to sign into your online account. You will then need to find the class on the class calendar and proceed to check out page. If you are successful, you will be prompted then to enter your gift card or credit card information. Once the registration is processed you will receive an email notification stating you are confirmed for the class.
There is on-street parking available. Meters are free after 8:00 pm and are free all day Sunday. The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts is not responsible if a student receives a parking ticket. We suggest that you use public transportation. The closest MBTA stop is Porter Square (Red Line).
- All classes are designed for Adults (Ages 18 and over) unless the child is accompanied by an adult. We do offer Teen classes throughout the summer months. (Ages 13-16)
The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts does not allow students to bring in alcohol to ANY class. The instructor has the right to ask a student to leave if the alcohol is brought into the school.
The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts will supply everything for the class. If would like to bring a notebook you may. If you are taking one of our series classes such as Techniques of Cooking I or Techniques of Cooking II, you may bring your knife set if you would like. We do have knives here at the school for Recreational students to use during their class.
A full refund less a $15.00 processing fee will be granted to students who withdraw at least 5 business days prior to the start of class. Students withdrawing from classes after the 5-business day deadline will not receive a refund or credit.
***Students who enrolled in a series class can not make up any class if missed. Students are notifed at the time of check out in the shopping cart and are required to check off that they agree to our policy and procedures.
Contact The Recreational Department with any questions regarding class policies and procedures: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.354.2020, ext 113.
- All payments must be arranged with the Recreational Program Department at the time of registration. The CSCA accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, personal checks, cash, money orders, and bank checks. Checks should be made payable to The Cambridge School of Culinary Arts. There is a $25.00 service fee for checks returned due to insufficient funds.
- Please plan to be in class an average of 3 to 4 hours. Due to subject matter, some classes may run shorter or longer than the designated time span.
The CSCA recommends that students wear closed-toe shoes to class and to dress appropriately for a cooking environment. Shorts, open-toed shoes, and flip flops are not allowed to be worn during class. The Chef instructor has the right to ask any student to leave if they are wearing shorts or flip flops in class.
An apron will be provided during the cooking class.
- The CSCA does not send confirmation notices for class enrollment. If you provided an email address we can send you an email confirmation. You will receive an email reminder of your class 3 days before your class to confirm the date and time. If you wish to confirm enrollment in a class, please contact the Recreational Program Director during the week prior to your class.
1) Sign into your on-line account and click on “My Classes”
2) Find the class you are canceling and click "Change”
3) Click on the box in front of the registered name.
4) Click on the appropriated choice
When you finish, your account will show an account credit. Refunds are given only as class credit. For your next purchase, the shopping cart will NOT automatically apply the credit and deduct the cost of your purchase from your account credit before it charges your credit card. YOU MUST CLICK ON THE BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE “APPLY ACCOUNT CREDIT”.
- Online payment via credit card is secure, fast, easy and will guarantee that your registration is processed immediately. We are using a certifcate : 128-bit SSL encryption.
- Our online system allows us to accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover and PayPal.