Our retail store issues gift cards which can only be redeemed for store merchandise. If you have a gift certificate with a unique code designated for use for classes, simply use that number where indicated at the top of the registration page for the class(es) during your online registration. If you have any questions about gift cards and gift certificates, please contact the store at (925) 600-7267.
- If you cancel prior to 72 hours before a class, you can transfer your registration to another class within 60 days. If you cancel within 72 hours of a class, feel free to have someone attend in your place. You can always receive the recipes and other handouts from the class even if you don't attend. Please see our Cancellation Policy for more details. If we cancel a class, you can elect a refund or transfer your registration fee to a new class.
- Good question! Safety predominates so we ask that you wear closed-toe shoes, remove dangling jewelry, tie back long hair and cooperate with the instructor on all safety issues. Common courtesy with other students, instructors and staff is a given.
- Definitely. Our Food Studio is wheelchair-accessible with few restrictions. Please contact us if you have specific concerns.
- Daytime classes run between 1 1/2 and 2 hours, while evening dinner classes last between 3 and 3 1/2 hours. Classes with more involved menus might take a bit longer.
- All of our classes are designed to be user-friendly for any level of skill, from basic (trouble boiling water?) to professional chef. You should never feel intimidated in working with your fellow students.
- Our instructors demonstrate the best techniques and guide you (literally by hand if you want) on how to maximize both the food and kitchen tools available to prepare the meals.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before class to sign in. After checking in, you'll be invited back into the Food Studio. After putting on one of our aprons, you'll wash your hands (your safety is our number one priority) then gather around your instructor to go over the menu, explain each dish and comment on the ingredients you'll be using and answer any questions you might have. For most dinner classes, you'll be enjoying the appetizer course in less than an hour, sipping a glass of wine or beer and chatting with fellow classmates. Following the appetizer, everyone prepares, cooks and enjoys the entree, side dish and dessert courses.
Almost every class at Pans on Fire is hands-on, meaning that YOU'RE the starring chef! Occasionally one of our instructors or a guest instructor will demonstrate an unusual technique or cuisine; these classes will be clearly marked as "Demonstration."
- In order to learn and enjoy cooking in a fun, friendly setting.
1) Sign into your on-line account and click on “My Classes”
2) Find the class you are canceling and click "Change”
3) Click on the box in front of the registered name.
4) Click on the appropriated choice
When you finish, your account will show an account credit. Refunds are given only as class credit. For your next purchase, the shopping cart will NOT automatically apply the credit and deduct the cost of your purchase from your account credit before it charges your credit card. YOU MUST CLICK ON THE BUTTON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PAGE “APPLY ACCOUNT CREDIT”.
- Online payment via credit card is secure, fast, easy and will guarantee that your registration is processed immediately.
We are using a certificate: 128-bit SSL encryption.
Our online system allows us to accept Visa, Master Card and Discover.